Ready to get started with Gravity Perks? Here is what you’ll find on this page.
- What is Gravity Perks?
- Installation Instructions
- Browsing and Installing Perks
- Managing Perks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Reporting Issues
What is Gravity Perks?
The Gravity Perks plugin integrates seamlessly with Gravity Forms and provides you a consolidated admin for managing all of your Gravity-related “perks” in a single location.
What is a perk?
A perk is a Gravity Forms add-on (powered by Gravity Perks) which enhances Gravity Forms with a new feature. Here’s a full list of our perks.
Let’s install Gravity Perks! If you’re already familiar with installing WordPress plugins by uploading a plugin zip file, this will be cake. If not, this will still be cake. Here are step by step instructions.
- Download the Gravity Perks zip file from the Account / Downloads page to your computer.
- Log into your WordPress admin.
- Navigate to the Plugins page and click the “Add New” button to the right of the page title.
- You should now be on the “Install Plugins” page. Below the page title is a series of text links. It will start with “Search”, followed by “Upload”. Click the “Upload” link.
- You will now see a file upload field. Click on this field, then browse to the Gravity Perks zip file you downloaded to your computer and select it.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- After the plugin has been installed, the installation summary will offer an “Activate” link. Click this link to activate Gravity Perks.
If you are not familiar with installing plugins on WordPress, you can find more general information here: WordPress: Installing Plugins
Browsing and Installing Perks
Now that Gravity Perks is installed, you’re ready to start browsing the available Perks! If this is the first time you’ve installed Gravity Perks, you will see a little pointer indicating where you can find the “Perks” menu item under the Gravity Forms primary “Forms” navigation. Once you’ve dismissed this pointer, it won’t bother you anymore.
The “Manage Perks” page provides you a list of all of the perks you have currently installed. Chances are, you probably haven’t installed any yet. Go ahead and click on the “Add New” button to the right of the “Manage Perks” page title.
You will now be directed to the “Install Perks” page. On this page, you can browse all of the available perks and decide which ones you’d like to install. Each perk has a brief description of the functionality it provides. When you’ve found a perk that interests you, just click the “Install” button below the perk title to install this perk. Yep, it’s that easy!
Each Perk adds its own custom settings depending on the functionality it provides. Many these custom settings will appear under a new “Perks” tab on the field settings area.
Some perks will add “global” settings that are not form or field specific. If a perk has any global settings, you can manage them from the “Perks” page by clicking the “Settings” link beneath the perk title. Please note: the “Settings” link will only be displayed if a perk requires one or more global settings.
The best way to learn more about managing a specific perk is to read the perk’s documentation. To view the documentation for a specific perk, go to the “Manage Perks” page and click the “Documentation” link displayed beneath the perk title.
Reporting Issues & Requesting Support
If you come across any issues or have any questions, please be sure to get in touch via the Support Form.