We’ve just fixed a major bug in Gravity Forms Nested Forms that may result in data loss if you are affected.
Orphaned child entries are created when a user submits a nested form but never submits the parent form. This is anticipated behavior and GF Nested Forms will automatically trash these orphaned entries after one week. Due to a coding error, all child entries were being trashed after one week, even when they were not orphaned.
This issue only impacts users running GF Nested Forms and Gravity Forms 2.3. Fortunately, we’ve caught this issue before Gravity Forms 2.3 was released and implemented a fix.
You are NOT affected if…
- You do not have GF Nested Forms installed or…
- You do not have Gravity Forms 2.3 installed.
You ARE affected if…
- You have GF Nested Forms installed and…
- You have Gravity Forms 2.3 installed.
If you are affected, please follow these steps to upgrade immediately.
- Deactivate and delete GF Nested Forms.
- Re-install GF Nested Forms from your Manage Perks page.
After upgrading, you should inspect the entries for your child forms and untrash any entries that were incorrectly trashed.
Please note, the latest version of GF Nested Forms requires Gravity Forms 2.3 which is available via auto-update.