This is a significant release for this simple, powerful plugin. It marks the first public release of a series of behind-the-scenes updates.
If you’re not familiar with GP Copy Cat, it allows you to copy the values of one field (or group of fields) to another. Traditionally, this required the user to check a checkbox (think copying shipping address to billing address).
I’m most excited about the newly added ability to copy values from one field to another automatically when the value in the “source” field changes. Also added support for copying values from textareas which was previously lacking.
Here’s a full list of changes:
- Added support for copying values when the field value changes, allowing support for automatically copying a value from one field two another without a checkbox
- Added support for copying textareas
- Updated support for copying only the selected value from radio and checkbox fields
- Fixed bug introduced in 1.0.6 where Country (if select type) was not copied
- Fixed issue where calculations were not updated when copy cat enabled fields were updated
- Fixed issue which caused Copy Cat to break when applied to multiple forms displayed on the same page
For more details on this perk and a demo, make sure to visit the GP Copy Cat Documentation.