Spotlight: How to Create Automated Customer Feedback Surveys… Without Any Code
Brian Masck runs MediaCafeOnline.com, a web dev and design agency. One of his clients, an artisan bakery specializing in shipping large quantities of delicious things, needed help with setting up personalized, automated customer surveys and providing incentives to encourage survey completion.
- Send an automated email to bakery customers with the survey link within five days of their purchase (timing is essential with sweet treats – you want to get a customer’s thoughts while the taste is fresh).
- Reward eCommerce bakery customers who completed a product survey with a unique discount code automatically generated on survey completion.
- Create a process that is easy to complete for customers and most importantly, completely automated for the artisan bakery client once set up.
Now for the magic under the hood. 🧙♂️
Once a customer receives their purchase follow-up email, they click a link to a Gravity Forms survey, which uses a query string to populate the user’s details.
- Gravity Forms Read Only preserves the original email address, ensuring the survey is being completed by the customer who received the email.
- Gravity Forms Unique ID + the snippet “Create Coupons for WooCommerce and Gravity Forms” dynamically generates a coupon code for WooCommerce for the customer using a protocol that ensures the code was from a survey participant.
- Gravity Forms Limit Submissions prevents the survey from being used repeatedly.
- Gravity Forms Post Content Merge Tags personalizes the order confirmation for each customer.
On survey completion, the handy snippet creates the WooCommerce coupon code using the value from the Gravity Forms Unique ID perk. The code is sent by email to the customer using a Gravity Forms notification, displaying a personalized confirmation page thanks to Gravity Forms Post Content Merge Tags.
Gravity Forms Notification Scheduler would come in handy here! This perk allows you to send notifications on a specific date, after a period of time from any notification event (for example, a form submission), or relative to date fields submitted on a form. Notifications can also be sent on recurring schedules for as long as you would like, or ended after some time. Learn more about Gravity Forms Notification Scheduler.
“I’ve been using your products since at least 2014 to better extend the already robust feature set of Gravity Forms to achieve very custom needs of my clients. The recent project described, is a way I used several of your products to build a very custom and complete solution without having to write any code myself.
I came to GravityWiz for the quality of the software and added features and functionality, but stay for the outstanding Customer Service.”
With this sorcerously smooth experience set up, Brian has officially joined our wizardly ranks. Thanks, Brian!
If you want to learn more about how this any step in this setup was configured, shoot us a message or respond below!