Gravity Wiz Weekly #176
I’m so excited! I know, I know. I’m always excited. But I’m really excited right now. We’re releasing a new perk next week!
Advanced Save & Continue has been a long time coming since you originally voted for it in one of our first Questions of the Week but it will have been worth the wait. So many epic features that are going to make your clients happy and your users rejoice.
More to come! For now, let’s enjoy the spoils of another week of wizardry. 🧙♂️
GP Google Sheets Gets Gooder
Looking to improve the management of your Gravity Forms submission data with greater organization, collaboration, and ease of access?
We have just the thing!
GP Google Sheets dropped right as the year was ending, days before 2023, and it has been received with open arms. And, as you know, the more folks using a perk the more improvements and bug fixes we make. 🛠
A few highlights:
- Improved support for List fields. Send your List field data to Google Sheets with reckless abandon!
- Improved support for Populate Anything. Dynamically populated fields are now correctly populated before data is sent to your spreadsheet. This was a forward-thinking change that will improve compatibility with any plugin that modifies the form object via the
- Improved error handling and logging. You’ll see fewer errors (probably like almost zero errors) and when you encounter an issue, we’ll be able to better support you with your logs.
Ready to get your Gravity Forms data organized, accessible, and actionable?
🧙♂️ Wizarding Workshop IV – We hosted our fourth workshop yesterday and it was lively! We gave a detailed demo of the upcoming Advanced Save & Continue perk followed by a crash course on creating custom transitions with Page Transitions. If you missed it and want to catch up, we’ll be sharing the recorded session next week.
✳️ New Operators for Populate Anything – You can now use the “is in” and “is not in” operators when populating with the User object type with Populate Anything. Want to populate users who belong to any of the companies selected in a Checkbox field? These new operators make it possible.
🤖 Unleash Gravity Forms OpenAI – Due to popular demand, we’ve already scheduled our next workshop, completely dedicated to exploring how our free GF OpenAI plugin can alter the very fabric of time and space. Or, like, just make your forms a gazillion times smarter.
Guest Contribution | Restrict States in Address Fields
There’s no way to restrict which states can be entered into Gravity Forms Address fields. Well, at least not until this snippet came along. Originally developed to work with our popular Address Autocomplete perk, this snippet has proven to be quite useful in any context.
Just a reminder, contributions to the Snippet Library are always welcome!
Plain and Simple | Update Posts with Gravity Forms
This isn’t our prettiest resource, and yes, it does require configuring via a simple bit of code, but, boy, if ain’t the simplest and easiest solution for updating posts with Gravity Forms, well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. Whatever that means.
This week, we added support for updating the post’s publish date and time. Just a couple extra parameters in your configuration, and you’re all set.
Populate Anything | Strip Tags from Populated Values
If you’re ever populating post content into a field with the all-powerful Populate Anything, you might have seen a bunch of extra HTML tags that you really didn’t want. There are two solutions.
- Populate the value into a Paragraph field and enable the “Rich Text Editor” setting. It’ll parse the HTML and render it directly in the field.
- Or, use this snippet to strip tags from populated values.
Want to see both options in action? Here’s a quick video I recorded for a Pro customer this week.
GP Google Sheets (v1.0-beta-1.2)
- Improved support for List fields.
- Improved compatibility with Gravity Forms Populate Anything and other perks by filtering the form with
gform_pre_renderprior to getting values for a row being inserted.
- Improved error handling and logging.
- Updated the “Client Secret” setting to be a masked input.
- Fixed issue where an error could be encountered in the feed settings and it wouldn’t show the error in the correct place.
- Fixed issue where a suitable sheet could not be found for existing spreadsheets if the sheet isn’t named “Sheet1” nor attached previously.
- Fixed error that could prevent rows from being edited in spreadsheets.
- Fixed fatal error that could be encountered when deleting rows from the spreadsheet.
GP Inventory (v1.0-beta-3.14)
- Fixed an issue where available inventory message would be duplicated on the same page.
GP Limit Choices (v1.7.10)
GP Limit Dates (v1.1.18)
- Fixed an issue where Formatted Date for Exceptions was not displayed.
GP Limit Submissions (v1.1.7)
- Fixed issue where
GP Limit Submissionsand
Limit Submissionswere not internationalized strings.
GP Page Transitions (v1.0.2)
- Fixed an issue where the conditionally hidden fields would not adjust the form height when enabled.
GP Populate Anything (v1.2.39)
- Added support for more operators such as “is in” and “is not in” for the User Object Type.