For those of us with school-aged children, you’re likely enjoying some time off this month for Spring Break. My girls had theirs this week. 😄
For everyone else, GET BACK TO WORK!
I tease, I tease! In fact, stop working right now and read this newsletter because there’s a good chance you’ll find something useful that actually reduces your workload.
Ready to find out? 😃
Entry Blocks + oEmbeds
Entry Blocks makes displaying your entry data on the frontend sooo simple. Just add a “Gravity Forms Entries” block to your page, select the style (table vs loop), filter which entries should be included, and configure which entry data should be displayed. 2ez.
This week, we added support for handling oEmbeds in the “View Entry” view. Here’s an example of what that looks like with YouTube URLs.
Gravity Forms Gets Real (Estate)
I have no idea what’s going on with the real estate market but I do have some awesome ideas on how you can put Gravity Forms + Gravity Perks to work for your real estate business. Check out our deep-dive article where we’ll teach you how to create…
- A mortgage calculator with Advanced Calculations.
- A showing scheduler with Inventory and Notification Scheduler.
- A home appraisal form with Advanced Save & Continue, enhanced with Page Transitions.
The best part? The knowledge here is useful regardless of your industry.
Wizarding Workshop VI: Recap
We hosted our sixth wizarding workshop last week and, per usual, it was a blast! This was my personal favorite so far as I got to show off so many tips and tricks across a variety of perks.
If you missed it, don’t fret – we’ve got the full recording ready for you here!
PS – Don’t forget that you can follow along with our workshop doc here.
PPS — want to be the first to get notified when we publish these recordings?
Snippet Update | Double Confirmation Fields
Some fields in Gravity Forms, like Password and Email fields, have double confirmation built-in. Ya know, where you have to enter the same value twice to confirm that you entered the correct value.
But there are a lot of other scenarios where you might want the assurance of double confirmation too. That’s why, thousands of years ago (feels like it anyways), we wrote a snippet that does just that – double confirmation by linking any two (or more) fields.
This week, we added support for ignoring fields hidden via conditional logic so you can conditionally include them as part of your double confirmation configuration.
Gettin’ Fancy | Styling Gravity Forms Page Steps
When a Pro customer asks if something is possible and we aren’t sure if it is, it triggers an insatiable curiosity that simply must be scratched. That’s what happened here. And it turns out, it is possible to style Gravity Forms page steps so they span the full width of the form and have fancy lines between them. 😂
New Snippet | Page Numbers to Letters
Speaking of insatiable curiosities… did you know it’s surprisingly simple to tweak your Gravity Forms page numbers (e.g. 1, 2, 3) into letters (e.g. A, B, C)?
Another Pro customer inspired us to figure this one out and the resulting snippet is now available for free in our Snippet Library. 🙂
Alright wizards, until next week. 🧙
GP Advanced Save & Continue (v1.0.4)
user_idshortcode attribute to no longer require the
manage_optionscapability in addition to
gravityforms_view_entriesfor the current user. Now, it only requires
GP Entry Blocks (v1.0-alpha-2.17)
- Fixed an issue with oEmbeds not displaying in the View Entry block.
GP File Upload Pro (v1.3.8)
- Fixed an issue where files could show as done uploading even when the server is still processing the file which could result in a confusing user experience due to an alert being shown when clicking submit.
GP Google Sheets (v1.0-beta-1.7)
- Fixed issue where boolean values mapped to a Google Sheet could cause a feed error if editing an entry.
- Fixed an issue where updating the custom value of a column would not work for some feeds.
GP Inventory (v1.0-beta-3.18)
- Fixed issue where the (Available) conditional logic rule would not work in some situations when using the Payment Completed notification event.
GP Nested Forms (v1.1.23)
- Fixed an issue with Save & Continue not working when nested entries were spammed or deleted.
GP Populate Anything (v1.2.49)
- Added support for “is in” and “is not in” operators when filtering by Post ID.
- Improved accessibility of Add/Remove Filter buttons in the Form Editor.
- Fixed issue with
reset_gf_is_field_hidden_cache()not clearing the
GFFormsModel::is_field_hiddencache key for every field in the form for Live Merge Tags.
GP QR Code (v1.0.8)
- Fixed an issue where duplicate files could be created if the same QR code is generated.