Q4 has arrived – the final stretch of the year. Can you believe it?
Let’s revisit some of the wonderful work we got done in Q3, and, of course, we’ll also share a host of wizardry we whipped up this week.
Q3 Highlight Spree
This past quarter was absolutely magical. And by magical, I mean we utilized some literal magic to get all of this out in a single quarter. Take a look!
🎉 – Indicates a first release!
- QR Code Beta 1 🎉 – Bridge the physical and digital world with QR codes for managing events, discounts, inventory, and more. With support for over 30 additional barcode types and the ability to scan those QR/barcodes directly into your forms, this perk is puh puh puh powerful!
- Page Transitions Beta 1 🎉 – Bring your forms to life with animated transitions between form pages and automatic page progression. Gravity Forms has never felt so good.
- Email Users 2.0 – Send personalized emails to users who have filled out a form. 2.0 was a complete overhaul of this plugin’s UX and introduced the ability to filter recipients by conditions, craft rich text emails, and preview emails before they were sent.
- Advanced Phone Field 1.0 🎉 – Level up your Phone fields with automatic country code selection, real number validation, and stylish visuals. Spicy!
- File Renamer 1.0 🎉 – Automatically rename and organize files uploaded to Gravity Forms, powered by flexible templates with support for dynamic values.
- Address Autocomplete 1.2 – Autocomplete addresses as they are entered. More accurate addresses. Faster submissions. Version 1.2 introduced the beautiful Map field to show the exact location of the entered address.
- Advanced Calculations 1.0 – Perform advanced calculations with mathematical functions, conditionals, and a powerful formula editor. 1.0 introduced support for multiple conditions, merge tag modifiers, and the pi() function.
A special thank you to each wizard here at Gravity Wiz for all you do to make this the most magical company in the world. 🤗
If you’re not already a Gravity Perks user, it’s high time you were. 😉
The Suite Life (of Gravity Perks)
We have quite a few noteworthy updates to the Gravity Perks suite this week, including a new version of Gravity Perks itself.
Gravity Perks – Multisite wizards rejoice! Gravity Perks has been improved to run far more performantly on Multisite installs. We also snuck in a few improvements for Gravity Perks interactions with our licensing API.
Address Autocomplete – The new gpaa_marker_set action allows you to do things like display an Info Window when the marker has been set in the Map field. We also updated the marker to only be set after an address is entered.
File Renamer – This flexible file organizer received a few tweaks to ensure that file renaming was better aligned with user expectation. Plus, it received a couple new hooks to control how slashes are handled in filenames.
See the changelog below for the full scoop. 🍨
Wizarding Workshop: Our Next Live Session
We had a ton of fun at our last live session! Feels like another is overdue.
Join us Thursday, October 27th at 1pm EST for a live wizarding workshop. We’ll be giving a personal demo of our newest perk, File Renamer, as well as a crash course on customizing the new Map field. Afterwards, satisfy your lingering curiosities with an open Q&A.
PS – You can also presubmit a question for the Q&A. 👌
Fillable PDFs ❤️QR Codes – Fillable PDFs allows you to generate PDFs from Gravity Forms like magic. With version 4.0, Fillable PDFs now supports the magic of QR Codes.
Prevent Duplicate Selections Across Drop Downs – GP Inventory is a great way to control how many times a choice can be selected in a Drop Down field but what if you want to prevent the same choice from being selected in multiple Drop Downs? This snippet will do the trick!
Require Unique Values – Want to ensure that the emergency contact information is different from the registrant? This snippet makes it easy! This week, it was updated to make the unique value comparison case-insensitive. If you prefer the original case-sensitive functionality, just set the new “case_sensitive” option to
Gravity Wiz Weekly NewsletterDon't miss a thing. Get our weekly updates by owl or email. Ok, we're still working on the owl service, so just email for now.
Gravity Perks (v2.2.8)
- Added “Update URI” to plugin header to improve security.
- Improved permission handling of Gravity Wiz licenses and perk registration on subsites for users who are not network admins.
- Improved license API performance on WordPress multisite.
- Fixed issue where license data would become cached which would cause some actions such as refreshing, registering perks, and deregistering perks to not always show the correct information.
- Fixed issue where a license validation function was being called on every request.
GP Address Autocomplete (v1.2.3)
- Removed marker from Map Fields until the connected Address Field has been autofilled.
- Fixed issue where the State/Province/Region would not populate correctly for addresses in New Zealand or the Netherlands.
GP File Renamer (v1.0.2)
gpfr_merge_tag_forward_slash_replace_charfilters to allow fine grained control over forward slash replacement in merge tag values.
- Fixed issue where dot (
.) characters would cause underscores (
_) to be added to renamed paths in some cases.
- Fixed issue where merge tag replacement was HTML escaping.
GP Limit Checkboxes (v1.3.8)
- Fixed deselected checkboxes getting permanently disabled.
GP Limit Submissions (v1.1.4)
- Added new
GP Media Library (v1.2.26)
- Fixed Gravity Flow Incoming Webhook not triggering GP Media Library.
GP Nested Forms (v1.1.5)
- Added new
- Fixed an issue where the session cookie could become oversized on complex multi-page forms and result in a server error.
GP Notification Scheduler (v1.2.7)
- Added additional logging.
- Fixed issue where an empty notification delay would trigger a fatal PHP error.
GP Populate Anything (v1.2.29)
- Fixed issue where calculations could be processed before Live Merge Tag replacements rather than after.
Leave a Reply