What’s one thing you’re excited about this week?
For us, it’s finally being able to get some more writing down around here. Check out the New Resources section below for some examples of the epic content we’ve been working on. So much more to come!
Keep reading for some other exciting updates (like a surprise workshop next week!). 😃
The 700 Snippets of Power
Our Snippet Library just surpassed the 700 snippets milestone! We’ve got big plans for the Snippet Library this year. Not only will we continue to add more snippets every week, but we’re also working on creating a better interface for interacting with it directly on our website.
What can you expect?
- Better search to help you find the exact functionality you’re looking for.
- Better analytics to help us identify trends and understand which snippets we should prioritize or roll into their associated perks as new features.
- Better discoverability by linking related resources (perks, articles, snippets) to surface more of the functionality that is already available to you.
We’re on a magical mission to provide you, our customers, with the resources you need to absolutely crush it with Gravity Forms. The Snippet Library is just one example of how we’re accomplishing that mission.
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to enhance the Snippet Library and make it an indispensable resource in your Gravity Forms arsenal.
For now… 👇
Perks Like a Charm
Here’s a collection of highlights from this week’s Gravity Perks updates.
GP Advanced Phone Field
Advanced Phone Field will enhance your phone fields with the convenience of automatic country code selection, reliable number validation, and some tasty visuals.
GP Advanced Save & Continue
Automatically saving your user’s progress and reloading that progress when they return to the form makes for a truly magical experience. Allowing them to also create new drafts and manage existing ones is, legen… wait for it… dary.
This week, we made Advanced Save & Continue even more customizable.
- When tweaking the resume message, you’ll now have access to the draft’s display name and all of the data associated with the current draft.
- If you want to hide the “Start new draft” link, you can now simply return false with this filter.
- Lastly, we added a new hook to filter the resume tokens (which let you resume a draft) which lets you do some really cool things like grouping drafts!
GP Notification Scheduler
Scheduling notifications with Gravity Forms doesn’t get any easier than this. Create nurturing campaigns, appointment reminders, inquiry follow-ups, and more!
This week, Notification Scheduler got a super duper helper function that allows you to programmatically unsubscribe an email from a specific notification, all notifications for a specific form, or all notifications globally. Want to delete a scheduled notification instead? We got you.
Workshop VI: Perking the System with Inventory, Auto List Field, and Nested Forms
Gravity Perks is most powerful when you combine perks to accomplish your goals. This workshop walks through a real world use case that shows you how to sell event tickets, collect attendee information, and register attendees as users.
If you want to see Inventory, Auto List Field, and Nested Forms join forces to solve all your problems, this workshop is for you!
Spotlight: Gamifying Language Learning with WordTap and Populate Anything
WordTap is a free online game that makes learning new languages… fun!?
Select your native language, the language you want to learn, and WordTap gamifies expanding your new vocabulary through tapping floating words.
The coolest part? You can create your own versions of WordTap and share them! Carolyn Knight, the developer behind WordTap, has made it super easy to add your own language, vocabulary, and categories, then publish your own version of the game to share with friends or a class. Duolingo, hold my beer!
Carolyn ran into an issue where she had two forms side by side on the same page, and needed values from the first form to populate into the second, without a page refresh. She reached out and because she’s a Pro customer, we were able to provide a quick snippet to get the job done.
We’ll let Carolyn take over and explain:
Interested in learning more?
Remember all that new writing I was telling you about? 😉
New Tutorial | How to Create Timesheets with Gravity Forms
A simple solution for timesheets and time tracking powered by Nested Forms and Date Time Calculator. Plus, calculate overtime pay, restrict entries to available weekdays only, and other tips – a great example of what you can do with the power of Gravity Perks!
New Tutorial | Filtering Checkboxes by Checkboxes with Populate Anything
Filter the checkboxes that are available in one field based on the checkboxes selected in another. For example, on your speaker registration form, let the speaker select the time slots in which they’re available to speak followed by a second field where they select their preferred speaking slots, filtered by the slots they’ve indicated they’re available.
Simply Schedule Appointments | Doing More with Appointment Data
We guest posted on the SSA blog this week! Check out how Gravity Perks and Simple Schedule Appointments can be used together to create ultra-personalized scheduling forms.
GP Advanced Phone Field (v1.0.12)
- Added new
intl-tel-inputlibrary from version 17.0.13 to 17.0.21.
GP Advanced Save & Continue (v1.0.2)
- Added the $display_name and $resume_token_data to the
gpasc_resume_notice_messageto make these variables easier to access.
- Added gpasc_form_resume_tokens filter to allow filtering the resume tokens before they are returned.
- Updated to allow disabling “Start new draft” link if falsey value is returned by the
GP Conditional Logic Dates (v1.2.8)
- Fixed PHP 8 warnings.
GP Copy Cat (v1.4.62)
- Fixed an issue where decimal comma numbers would be copied into the quantity field which does not support decimal comma formatted numbers.
GP Entry Blocks (v1.0-alpha-2.14)
- Improved compatibility with GP Limit Dates by disabling the inline datepickers for date fields in the Filters block.
- Fixed an issue where Entry Blocks in the “Edit Single” mode would not work correctly with GP Nested Forms.
GP File Upload Pro (v1.3.7)
- Updated CSS specificity for the
.gpfup__deletebutton to help prevent potentially odd styles from being inherited from themes.
GP Inventory (v1.0-beta-3.17)
- Fixed an issue where the exceptions mode for GP Limit Dates would not be correctly set by GP Inventory for dates without inventory. (Credit: https://marstin.co/)
GP Live Preview (v1.6.6)
- Fixed an issue with Credit Card field on Single Page view.
GP Nested Forms (v1.1.21)
- Fixed issue where the submit button for child forms would not be properly handled if the child form’s submit button’s location is set to end of the last row.
GP Notification Scheduler (v1.3.1)
GP_Notification_Scheduler::unsubscribe()method to make unsubscribing easier for 3rd-parties and DRY up the codebase.
GP Page Transitions (v1.0.11)
- Updated the scrolling behavior to only scroll to the top of the form if the current scroll top is below the top of the form.
- Fixed issue where the
gform_target_page_number_FORMIDhidden input wouldn’t always be set to
0when using Soft Validation. This could cause entries to be inadvertently prevented from submitting if the Spam Honeypot is enabled.
- Fixed issue where the form height might not always update after a validation message is added by Soft Validation.
GP Populate Anything (v1.2.47)
gppa_skip_hidden_field_values_during_hydrationfilter to enable hiding of field values during hydration.
- Updated how we clear Gravity Forms cache prior to using
GFFormsModel::is_field_hidden()to address potential form rendering issues.
- Fixed issue where Live Merge Tags would not be replaced in field labels when printing entries.
GP QR Code (v1.0.6)
- Fixed an issue where the QR code scanner would close when switching cameras.
GP Unique ID (v1.4.13)
- Added support for fast-forwarding sequence when a Unique ID is manually updated.